Air Conditioning Services in Fredericksburg, VA
Your Local HVAC Company Since 1977
The feel of cold air rushing from a supply register is a huge relief on a hot summer’s afternoon. How do you make sure your equipment always runs the way it should? And where do you turn if the AC stops working?
C.B. Lucas is your source for reliable cooling services in Fredericksburg, Virginia. Our family-owned company has been installing, replacing, maintaining, and repairing air conditioners for years.
To schedule cooling services for your Fredericksburg, Virginia home, please call C.B. Lucas today at (703) 590-3700 or contact us online.
Air Conditioning Systems We Service in Fredericksburg
Did you know there are more options for cooling your home than just central air conditioning or a window AC unit? C.B. Lucas can service any cooling system you may have.
- Air conditioners: A high-efficiency AC unit is an energy-saving way to keep cool this summer.
- Heat pumps: This clever equipment looks and works like an air conditioner when it’s hot outside, but thanks to a reversing switch, it can also heat your home in the winter!
- Ductless mini-splits: You can still enjoy home cooling without ductwork. When you install a ductless mini-split, one or more wall-mounted air handlers connect to an outdoor unit to conveniently and efficiently heat and cool your home.
In addition to these cooling systems, we also specialize in solar-assisted heat pumps and air conditioners, zoning systems, and indoor air quality solutions.
Cooling Services in Fredericksburg, VA
Our goal at C.B. Lucas is to serve as a one-stop shop for all your cooling needs. Here’s what we offer:
Air Conditioning Installation & Replacement
We’ll help you select the right equipment for you, whether it’s a central air conditioner, heat pump, or ductless mini-split. Then, we’ll size your unit carefully to ensure it meets your needs and perform an expert installation to maximize the efficiency of your investment. We install cooling systems from Trane, Lennox, Honeywell, Aprilaire, and more.
By installing a new AC unit, you will enjoy:
- Impressive cooling performance – A modern air conditioner can keep your home cool using less energy, and it offers even, balanced cooling with highly effective humidity control.
- Reduced utility bills – With features like variable-speed blowers and two-stage cooling, today’s air conditioners use less energy and can reduce utility costs significantly.
- Higher reliability – If you are replacing your current AC unit, the new model will offer greater reliability and performance, along with lower repair costs.
- Improved comfort – Along with better cooling, a new air conditioner will offer quieter operation, improved air quality, and better dehumidification.
Signs Your Air Conditioner Needs Replacing
Most air conditioners will need replacing somewhere between 10 to 15 years after installation.
Common signs your system needs replacing include:
- Increased repair frequency/cost of repairs
- Progressively reduced cooling capacity
- Continually increased utility bills
- A system that uses R-22 Freon
- Increased indoor humidity levels
- Strange noises/smells that won’t go away
- Frequent cycling
- Increased indoor humidity
As a general rule, if the repair cost is more than half the cost of replacement, we generally recommend replacing, rather than repairing, older systems. We offer affordable financing options to help make this a cost-effective option. We guarantee that replacement is a less costly option in the long run than continuing to operate an air conditioning unit that frequently breaks down and operates less efficiently than a newer, energy-efficient model you can rely on season after season.
Is your air conditioner nearing the end of its effective use? Contact the team at C.B. Lucas at (703) 590-3700. We’ll answer your questions and tell you more about the systems we recommend for our clients in Virginia.
Air Conditioner Repair
There’s nothing worse than a late-night broken air conditioner before a holiday weekend. Rather than waiting it out until regular business hours, give C.B. Lucas a call any time of day or night, and we’ll be there to perform a reliable, affordable air conditioning repair in your Fredericksburg home. We service most brands, whether we originally installed the unit or not.
We often receive calls from homeowners with the following types of complaints:
- The AC won’t come on.
- The unit is making strange noises.
- The air blowing from the supply registers feels warm.
- Water is leaking from the air conditioner.
- Cooling bills are higher than usual.
Possible reasons for these problems range from a dirty filter or tripped circuit breaker to faulty wiring or worn-out parts. Our team can diagnose the cause and do everything we can to get your unit running again.
Don’t go another day without a working AC unit. Call (703) 590-3700 to schedule an emergency air conditioner repair service in Fredericksburg today.
Signs You Need Professional Air Conditioner Repair
You should never delay air conditioner repairs. It can be a costly and easily avoidable mistake. If you notice any of the following, you know it’s time to contact an HVAC team for prompt service:
- The air conditioner won’t turn on or is short-cycling.
- You hear strange noises (banging, clanking, grinding, etc.) or smell strange odors (burning rubber, mold, mildew, etc.).
- Air from the registers feels warm.
- You see pooling water around the air conditioning unit.
- Your air conditioner is causing the breaker to trip.
Preventative AC Maintenance & Tune-Ups
Reduce the chance of midseason breakdowns and lower your energy bills with routine cooling maintenance. Inspections from C.B. Lucas include checking the compressor, belts, refrigerant charge, coils, filter, and more. Such checks are designed to improve system reliability and help your Fredericksburg AC run at its peak. We recommend annual maintenance to prolong the life of your cooling unit.
Benefits of Regular Air Conditioning Maintenance
Regular maintenance of your air conditioning systems is essential. Changing the filters, cleaning the unit, inspecting the condenser coils, testing for loose wires, and other preventative measures can ensure your system operates at optimal efficiency. This helps save you money on your monthly cooling bills and ensures you have the cool air essential for your comfort during the summer months. Equally as important, it reduces your long-term repair bills and can extend the operational life span of your air conditioner for as many years as possible.
Accept Only The Best HVAC Repairs in Fredericksburg!
Our teams of certified HVAC specialists have the skills and technical expertise required to repair your air conditioning system. We utilize the latest technologies and the most up-to-date techniques to inspect, diagnose, and repair your system. We are experts at maintaining and repairing air conditioners, heat pumps, ductless mini-splits, and more. Our experience and attention to every detail allow us to deliver superior quality and reliability. We don’t just work hard to repair your systems; we strive to guarantee your comfort.
Contact the HVAC professionals at C.B. Lucas by calling (703) 590-3700 to schedule air conditioning service for your Fredericksburg home. We’ll dispatch a technician to inspect your air conditioning systems at the earliest possible opportunity.