Surge Protection Services in Northern Virginia
The average Northern Virginia home experiences many small power surges that span the entire house. Some of these surges enter through lightning, others from changes in your local power grid. But 80% of these internal spikes in voltage are triggered because of electrical issues in your home and can silently cause long-term damages to your electrical components and devices. Learn how to prevent power surges and get the surge protection services you need to keep your home and belongings safe with the knowledge and expertise of C.B. Lucas. Our team of licensed professional electricians can explain your surge protection options and inspect your home for current vulnerabilities.
Contact us at (703) 590-3700 to schedule a surge protection consultation and free estimate today!
The Benefits of Whole-Home Surge Protection
Both large and small, power surges increase voltage above an appliance’s standard operating voltage, producing an arc of electrical current inside the appliance. This arc creates heat, which harms electric circuit boards and components. When not addressed, these consistent, accumulated heat damages shorten the life span of your appliances and electronic devices.
The benefits of whole-home surge protection shouldn’t be overlooked. Consider the following ways whole-home surge protection in Northern Virginia works to your advantage by:
- Extending the life span of your electronics. Slow and immediate damages to your home’s electrical devices and appliances from small and large surges can be prevented with surge protection devices.
- Reducing your risk of electrical fires. Spikes in voltage can make electrical wires overheat. In some instances, the wire sheathing can melt, or the wires can spark, creating a fire hazard.
- Preventing costly repairs. Surge protection reduces the need for surge-related rewiring, outlet replacement, or appliance replacement.
Contact us today at (703) 590-3700 to request a surge protection quote from a Northern Virginia electrician.
Common Signs That Your Home Needs Surge Protection
Remember, storms aren’t the only source of power surges to your home. The electronic circuitry of your home could currently be causing damages. Be on the lookout for the following signs that indicate you need surge protection today:
- Tarnished or nonfunctioning outlets. Outlets that looked burned or discolored indicate overheating behind the wall. Act immediately if you notice this sign of electrical malfunctioning. You are at risk for an electrical fire.
- Circuit breakers that consistently trip. Power surges are common reasons a circuit breaker will trip. Contact a member of our C.B. Lucas team to inspect your system.
- Flickering lights. Lights that flicker or dim after a large appliance powers on or off indicate a power surge. This response may seem small, but significant damages are occurring.
Don’t delay when you notice signs of power surges in your home. Keep your home and property safe by contacting C.B. Lucas at (703) 590-3700 to set up a surge protection installation.
What to Expect with Surge Protection System Installation
The highly trained electricians at C.B. Lucas have the tools and experience needed to fit your home with a surge protection system equipped to handle your home’s needs. A surge protection installation can be accomplished in one home visit with minimal disruption to your daily rhythm. Point-of-use protection devices will be combined with a proper grounding system to safeguard your electrical appliances and devices from electrical surges.
Special electrical outlets also offer surge protection and can be swapped for your current outlets in locations that would be useful. Service entrance surge protection devices protect your entire electrical system. These devices reduce the power surge to an appropriate level before it reaches the point-of-use protection device.
Learn about all your surge protection options by contacting C.B. Lucas at (703) 590-3700 today!
Why Choose C.B. Lucas for Surge Protection in Northern Virginia
Partner with C.B. Lucas to receive top-level products and dependable surge protection services that support your home’s safety. Install whole-house surge protection technology in your home today with our award-winning team to keep your electronics, appliances, and whole-house more secure. C.B. Lucas is a family-owned and -operated company serving the Northern Virginia community since 1977. Our community experience and dedication allow us to give you unparalleled electrical services and support. Our team is licensed, insured, and background-checked to ensure the best possible results for our customers.
Get surge protection services in Northern Virginia that you can trust from our team of expert electricians at C.B. Lucas. To schedule your electrical service, call (703) 590-3700 today!