Ductless Mini-Split Services in Fairfax, VA
Virginia is exposed to Mother Nature’s worst due to its exposure to the Chesapeake Bay and the Atlantic. As a humid, subtropical region prone to chilly winters and summer heat waves. Your HVAC system will thus need to account for year-round climate control. Ductless mini-splits can give you precisely that in a single unit, offering exceptional zone control and energy efficiency. We perform ductless mini-split installation, replacement, repairs, and annual maintenance.
C.B. Lucas offers reliable mini-split services in Virginia, Prince William, Arlington, and Fairfax. Contact the team online or call us at 703.590.3700.
Ductless Mini-Split Repair Services
Our repair team can make easy work of even the most complex problems. They’re trained to troubleshoot with the utmost precision. They receive factory training, so their knowledge of your unique brand is assured. Accurate diagnosis is the first step to a lasting repair, so we’ll address issues related to wear and tear or improper installations. The latter is the most common cause of mini-split breakdowns, and we know how to correct it. Our repair process gives you total control of your budget. We’ll discuss your repair and replacement options with you in-depth before picking up a single tool. To assure you of lasting results, we rely on high-quality replacement parts.
If your system is displaying worrying symptoms, call our repair team at 703.590.3700 or contact us online today.
Benefits of Professional Mini-Split Repair
Putting on your tool belt and DIYing that mini-split problem might be tempting, but professional repairs give you the best odds of a lasting solution. A certified technician will:
- Keep your warranty intact: Your manufacturer warranties and licensure might be voided by DIY repairs. It’s illegal to handle refrigerant gas without a license, so a DIY job might even break the law.
- Offer a reliable repair: Mini-splits are complex equipment that relies on fine-tuning and professional expertise. A professional repair team will provide brand-specific parts that give your system its best chance at long service life.
- Give you recourse for an inadequate repair job: Many professionals offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee and a warranty on their repairs. This way, you can avoid future disruptions and keep your system efficient.
- Keep you safe: Mini-splits are prone to Freon leaks and air quality problems — two dangerous consequences that can cause legitimate harm. Professionals are trained to handle environmental hazards and air quality issues.
How To Avoid Ductless Mini-Split Repair
Your mini-split can’t take good care of you if you don’t take care of it. It’s well within your power to prevent disruptive breakdowns by:
- Requesting biannual ductless mini-split maintenance and preventative repair: Your system needs a professional service once a year. A biannual service is suggested if you use it in winter and summer.
- Keeping your ductless mini-split clear of debris, dust, and clutter: Your mini-split can overheat if its vents are obstructed, so always keep an eye on your outdoor unit.
- Cleaning or replacing your filters every two weeks: Clogged filters can cause overheating, which could destroy expensive components.
- Keeping an eye out for subtle symptoms like clanging, odors, leaks, and overheating: The sooner you address problems, the more affordable your repair will be.
Contact the HVAC experts online or call 703.590.3700 for ductless mini-split maintenance services.
Two Types of Ductless Mini-Split Systems
There are two types of ductless mini-split systems that homeowners can choose from, each offering unique benefits:
These units contain an outdoor compressor/condenser unit connected to one to four indoor air handler units via refrigerant lines (usually copper tubing). The indoor units have a built-in cooling capacity controlled by a variable speed motor mounted in each room that requires cooling. This type of system requires a relatively flat location for the outdoor unit.
These systems are all-in-one units that both produce cold air and compress it. They can be installed wherever you have access to a 115-volt electrical outlet. The compressor is mounted inside the unit, containing cooling coils for cold-air production.
The main benefit of single package systems is they are smaller than split systems — up to 6 feet tall by 24 inches wide or deep. They are great for areas where space is limited, such as an apartment, condo, or office space.
Even though these single package units require less installation time, they cost more money initially because of their high-efficiency design and multiple moving parts (compressors and fans). Single-package systems are usually mounted on an exterior wall or high up on the roof when installed.
C.B. Lucas also offers several other makes and models of ductless air conditioners, depending on your budget needs and requirements for comfort. Contact us online or call 703.590.3700 today to learn more!
Why Choose C.B. Lucas?
C.B. Lucas has earned a reputation for bringing the personal touch to every repair. We’re one of Virginia’s most reputable HVAC companies. Our repair team has factory training, so their repairs are performed precisely as your manufacturer suggests. Our technicians have NATE certifications, so you can trust that their knowledge is always up to date. Our services go beyond mere skill, however. We believe you deserve affordable, trustworthy results, so all our mini-split services are paired with a satisfaction guarantee.
We offer discount coupons and flexible financing to make your maintenance a little easier on the pocket. We serve Northern Virginia, Fairfax, Prince William, and the surrounding regions. Whether you’re just starting your mini-split journey or have an existing unit requiring a little loving care, we’re the company to call.
Choose excellent quality, expertise, and customer service when you enlist C.B. Lucas for your ductless mini-split services. Call 703.590.3700 or contact us online to schedule your appointment today.
Common Ductless AC Questions
How many square feet can a ductless air conditioner cool?
For single-room applications, ductless AC units are available that can cool anywhere from 150 to 1,500 square feet or even larger spaces. The ductless AC system can cool an entire home with multiple-room units that feature several air handlers and an upgraded condenser.
What is a ductless air conditioner?
A ductless air conditioner is a split system with a condenser unit outside, featuring a compressor, condenser coils, and fan. One or more air handlers are installed inside, which include evaporator coils, air filters, and fans. A ductless AC unit requires no air ducts, which cools the room directly with the wall, ceiling, or floor-mounted air handler.
How does a ductless air conditioner work?
Air is blown over the evaporator, which absorbs heat from your home using a refrigerant. That refrigerant is compressed and sent to the condenser coils by the compressor, where it releases its heat outdoors. The refrigerant then returns to the evaporator through an expansion valve, which lowers the pressure and allows the fluid to vaporize, improving its ability to absorb heat.