Top-Rated Drain Cleaning in Fairfax & Alexandria, VA
When you experience clogged drains, whether it’s the sink, shower, bathtub, or toilet, it can be a very frustrating situation. Attempting to unclog blocked drains on your own means using chemicals that could actually make the blockage worse. To avoid making your clogged drains even worse, it’s important to let plumbing professionals handle the drain cleaning services.
At C.B. Lucas, our plumbing team is experienced and equipped to handle your drain cleaning needs in the Oakton, Tysons, Reston, and McLean. Contact our team online today or call us at (703) 590-3700 to get started.
Signs Your Drain Needs Repair & Cleaning
Are you experiencing any of these common signs of a clogged drain?
- Empty or overflowing toilet: If there is a blocked pipe in your plumbing, it can affect other areas of your home. This can result in an empty or overflowing toilet.
- Odors: You may experience a distinct odor coming from your pipes, depending on the clog. This could be caused by materials like food, hair, or organic waste. If you have odors coming from your drains, professional drain cleaning may be the answer for you.
- Standing water: An obvious sign that you need a plumber for drain cleaning is standing water. If your drain isn’t allowing water to clear, it’s important to call a professional to ensure the entire clog is removed.
If you’re experiencing any of these signs, it’s time to call a plumbing professional at C.B. Lucas — call our team at (703) 590-3700 or contact us online.
Most Common Reasons for Clogged Drains
Clogged drains happen for several reasons. Some common reasons people call us for drain cleaning include:
- Tree roots: Tree roots can break through old and worn plumbing and create a clog.
- Feminine products: Flushing feminine products down the drain almost always lead to a clog.
- Grease and oil: Grease and fat from cooking eventually solidify in the drain and cause a clog.
- Pipe scale: Scaling inside old pipes can build up over time and lead to a clog.
- Hair: Human hair gets sent down the drain every time you shower. If it snags on other items, you can get a clog.
- Damaged pipes: Damaged pipes can end up with protrusions that allow gunk you flush to get clogged.
No matter the cause, if you have a clogged drain, C.B. Lucas can help. Call (703) 590-3700 to learn more about our Fairfax-area services, or schedule using our form.
Why DIY Drain Cleaning Doesn’t Work
When you first notice a clogged drain, you may run to the hardware store for drain cleaning chemicals. While this seems like the most cost-effective option, it is not a wise idea. Drain cleaners have caustic chemicals that can actually do more harm than good. While they sometimes loosen a clog, they damage the pipes more often and create more problems later. Trying to dislodge the clog with a drain snake isn’t a good idea, either. If you don’t know what you are doing, you can end up with a bigger mess.
Professional drain cleaning and unclogging is a better choice. Our drain cleaning pros have the tools to find the cause of your problem. With camera inspections, we can find the clog’s source, then target that source directly. This is more effective and reduces the risk of damage to your pipes.
Schedule drain cleaning in Manassas, Herndon, and more with the pros at C.B. Lucas today! Call (703) 590-3700 to schedule an appointment!
Drain Cleaning & Maintenance in Arlington & Surrounding Areas
C.B. Lucas is an HVAC and plumbing company licensed to offer all types of services related to residential drains. Whether it’s drain cleaning, hydro jetting, or regular plumbing maintenance, our team at C.B. Lucas will handle it right away at affordable pricing.
With expert service and practiced technicians, our professional plumbing services are exceptional for the Fairfax and Arlington, VA, areas. Call today at (703) 590-3700 to schedule your appointment with our plumbing specialists for drain cleaning services.
Why Choose C.B. Lucas for Drain Cleaning Services?
At C.B. Lucas, our reputation precedes us. In fact, most of our customers are referrals. We have remained family-owned and -operated for decades, holding on to the core values we’ve had since the very beginning, including honesty, reliability, and a commitment to customer satisfaction.
For drain cleaning, maintenance, or other plumbing services in Northern VA, our team at C.B. Lucas has you covered. Contact us today at (703) 590-3700 to learn more about our services or schedule an appointment.
Common Drain Cleaning FAQs
How can I prevent clogged drains?
The best way to prevent clogged drains is to avoid flushing things down the drain that could lead to a clog. In addition, prevent hair clogs by installing drain traps that keep the hair from going down the drain. Some clogs, like tree roots, can’t be avoided.
What should I use to clean my drains?
If you have a drain clog, don’t buy drain cleaners. If you want to try cleaning the drain yourself, pour baking soda and vinegar down the drain, then flush with hot water. Otherwise, call a professional.
What is tree root infiltration?
Tree roots can push their way through small cracks in your pipes as they seek a water source. As the root grows, it can damage the pipe and cause a clog. This requires professional help to fix.
Experiencing air conditioner problems during the summertime is an ordeal you want to avoid. For instance, if you reside in Northern Virginia, the last thing...