Top-Rated Air Conditioning Repair in Fairfax County, VA
A broken air conditioner can quickly transform your home from a haven into a hotbox. As the temperature rises inside, so does the humidity, creating an unbearably muggy environment. What you need is a reliable HVAC contractor to repair your air conditioner back to peak performance so you can restore a comfortable temperature inside your home.
Common Air Conditioning Problems Needing Repair
While air conditioners are robust machines, they do break down from time to time. Whatever problem you’re facing, we can take a look and recommend the best AC repair or replacement options. We often receive calls from homeowners with the following types of complaints:
- The AC won’t come on.
- The unit is making strange noises.
- The air blowing from the supply registers feels warm.
- Water is leaking from the air conditioner.
- Cooling bills are higher than usual.
Possible reasons for these problems range from a dirty filter or tripped circuit breaker to faulty wiring or worn-out condenser. Our team can diagnose the cause and do everything we can to get your unit running again.
Give us a call at 703.590.3700 or fill out our form, and we’ll rush to your aid for all your air conditioning needs in Fairfax, Dumfries, and more.
Is It Better To Repair or Replace a Broken Air Conditioner?
There are three parameters by which you can measure when it’s time to replace a broken air conditioner. These include:
- Age: If the AC is over 10 years old, it might be worth replacing it the next time it breaks down.
- Repair cost: A new system might be a smarter investment if the repair estimate is more than 50% of the cost to buy a new unit, especially if the old system is over 10 years old.
- Utility bills: If your cooling costs have risen steadily in the past few years, it might be time to invest in a more efficient unit, especially if you’re looking at a high repair cost for an aging system.
For all your AC repair needs in Herndon and Manassas, trust the experts at C.B. Lucas to help you! Call us at 703.590.3700 or contact us online to schedule.
Top-Rated Emergency AC Repair
At C.B. Lucas, we understand how urgent a broken air conditioner can be. When you request an emergency repair from our reliable team, you can expect a quick response time, quality services, and repair work that lasts.
Don’t wait in an emergency! Call at 703.590.3700 any time of day or night, and we’ll rush to your aid.
Why Choose C.B. Lucas?
You want a reliable crew to work on your air conditioner, one you can trust to perform a job well done the first time around. We’re confident you’ll enjoy working with C.B. Lucas because of what we offer:
- Qualified technicians: Our team is licensed, insured, and NATE-certified, meaning we have the knowledge and experience to repair your air conditioner quickly and safely. We also service and repair all brands, regardless of whether we originally installed the equipment or not.
- Excellent warranty coverage: All of our products and services come with at least a one-year warranty. Many have coverage lasting up to 12 years.
- Good reputation: We have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and a solid reputation for delivering unparalleled customer service.
- Family-owned and -operated for over 40 years: Since our company started in 1977, we have grown from one guy and a truck to a preferred provider of air conditioning services in Northern Virginia.
The next time your air conditioner acts up in Fairfax or Prince William County, call C.B. Lucas at 703.590.3700 or contact us online to schedule an appointment or request emergency AC repair.
Air Conditioning FAQs
Why is my AC running but not cooling?
Your air conditioner has several places that can fail while leaving the rest to run; your blower might still be running and pushing air, but if you have frozen coils, a failed compressor, or no refrigerant, it won’t be pushing cold air. On the other hand, even if everything is running right to produce cold air, an obstruction or the failure of your blower could mean that you won’t get any air through your ducts.
What can cause your AC to stop working?
If your AC isn’t working at all, check that the breaker hasn’t flipped, that the coils aren’t frozen, and that it hasn’t leaked out all of its refrigerants. Problems can also include dead fans, blocked ventilation, compressor failures, and more.
What is considered an AC emergency?
If you’re dealing with an air conditioning situation where a delay in service could put you or your home at risk of harm or damage, then it’s an AC emergency. Outages during sweltering days with vulnerable people in the house are considered emergencies.
How long do AC repairs take?
It depends on how accessible your system is and the severity of the issue. Clearing a clogged filter or duct or flipping a breaker takes minutes, while replacing a hard-to-reach internal component (or your entire unit) will take substantially longer, as much as several hours. We won’t know an exact repair time frame until we look at the situation.
Winters in Virginia are not as brutal as in some other areas. However, temperatures frequently dip below the point of comfort. But which heating system...