C.B. Lucas Electrical Wiring in Northern Virginia
We have many beautiful, historic homes in this area of Northern Virginia, as well as brand-new contemporary-style homes. But it doesn’t matter how old your house is: Electrical problems can develop at any time.
The electrical wiring professionals at C.B. Lucas know you have choices. When it comes to any electrical wiring concerns, we want you to choose safety first. That’s why we’re available 24/7 to respond to any electrical emergency.
We’ve served Northern Virginia for almost 45 years.
Like you, we value experience and competence. But technology has changed the face of residential wiring forever. You need certified electricians and a company that believes continuing education is key to providing the most up-to-date, efficient electrical wiring service.
That’s why you need C.B. Lucas electrical wiring services.
9 Signs You Have Electrical Wiring Problems in Alexandria, Vienna, and Northern Virginia
You should immediately heed warning signs you have an electrical wiring problem. Electrical issues don’t “get better” by themselves and it’s never worth the wait.
- Aluminum wiring – If your home was built in the ’60s or ’70s, check your electrical panel or cables in the basement. If you see markings, “AL,” “ALUM,” or “ALUMINUM,” you may have aluminum wiring. Homes with aluminum wiring are more prone to fires.
- Burning smell – An electrical burning smell is unique, and most of us recognize it. Call your Northern Virginia electrician immediately.
- Discoloration – Any brownish discoloration near an outlet is a clue something is burning behind the walls. Contact your electrician immediately.
- Fake UL stickers – Unfortunately, it happens. Out-of-country manufacturers have no problem putting bogus Underwriters Laboratory stickers on electrical appliances and devices. When shopping, if the price is too good to be true, take a closer look at the UL sticker for typos or odd wording.
- Flickering lights – A loose electrical connection can affect one light fixture or multiple rooms. Contact your Northern Virginia electrician as soon as possible.
- Frayed wiring – Rodents that chew on electrical wires are usually in for a shock. If you see signs of frayed or chewed-on wiring, you may be in for a shock as well. Seek electrical repair or rewiring as soon as possible.
- Hot outlets – No electrical outlet should ever be hot to the touch. If you notice heat at a wall outlet, unplug any appliances and contact your local electrician.
- Loose outlets – Outlet covers shouldn’t wiggle when you insert a plug. This can lead to electrical shorts and is a potential fire hazard.
- Tangled wires – If your electrical box wires or junction lines are tangled, you’ve had poor electrical work at some point. It may be a code violation, but it is almost certainly a fire risk.
Electrical Wiring Services
From ceiling fans to pathway lighting, from task lights to chandeliers … No job is too small or too big for your experienced electricians at C.B. Lucas.
Residential electrical services include:
- Circuit/breaker installation/repair
- Electric car home charging stations
- Exhaust fans
- Hot tub/spa wiring
- LED/fluorescent lighting
- Lighting design/maintenance
- Lighting installation/replacement
- Outlet/switch installation/replacement
- Security/landscape lighting
- Service panel upgrade
- Smoke detector installation
- Surge protectors
- Technology/data wiring
- Track/adjacent lighting
- Transformer installation/repair
- Whole-house generator installation/service
- Wiring installation/replacement
For these electrical services and more, contact C.B. Lucas.
C.B. Lucas for Alexandria, Vienna, and Northern Virginia Preferred Electrical Wiring
Beware of electrical contractors that say they’re “the best …” or they have “the most …” or they offer “the lowest …” It isn’t always true. C.B. Lucas doesn’t need to make extravagant claims; our 40+ years of service speak to the quality of our work.
C.B. Lucas is preferred by Northern Virginia property owners for many reasons:
- C.B. Lewis electrical professionals are always on call.
- Our business has been family-owned and -operated since 1977. We were here for your grandparents and we’ll be here for your children.
- We’re honest.
- We are “whole-house wellness” specialists
- Drain cleaning/potable water safety
- HVAC (heating, ventilation, air conditioning)
- IAQ (indoor air quality)
- You can depend on us because we take pride in the integrity of our work.
Contact C.B. Lucas to learn more about residential comfort and care.